Americans for Prosperity says on their website that they are:
2.3 million engaged citizens, and we’re growing every day. We live in all 50 states, and we’re connected by 34 state chapters. We may not share family or even geography, but all of us are committed to spreading opportunity across America. We don’t believe that letters and phone calls are enough to make real change — we know it requires growing roots in the communities where we live and work. We’re each citizen leaders, and we want your help!
Americans for Prosperity Foundation – LA invites you to attend a Town Hall:
We would like to extend a special invitation to you for a very important town hall hosted by Americans for Prosperity Foundation on March 16th at 6:00 pm.
Taxes are a burden that affect individuals and businesses alike, so its important to know how our tax system works, and what steps may help Louisiana be more competitive with other states. That’s why Americans for Prosperity Foundation is hosting this town hall, so we can talk about the current tax system in Louisiana, and discuss how it impacts our economy and our lives. You will find the details for the event below. We are asking that everyone please RSVP in advance so we will have a good head count. We hope to see you there!Subject: Louisiana Tax System – Could We Do Better?Date & Time: March 16th, 2015 – Doors open at 5:30pm, Presentation starts at 6:00pmLocation: Baton Rouge Marriott – 5500 Hilton Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70808Registration Link: https://afplatownhalltourbatonrouge.eventbrite.com
Americans for Prosperity list it’s mission on their website as:
Freedom Oriented. Activist Supported. Community Driven. Americans for Prosperity is a network of citizens that work on behalf of freedom for their communities — whether it’s local, state or federal issues, we’re leading the way in engaging with elected officials to make change for our friends and neighbors. We engage debate and ignite action because we believe that free markets make free and prosperous people. We want more for Americans, and we think we can achieve it by advancing a few key pillars:
- Leaving our children with more financial security by putting the brakes on government spending
- Protecting opportunity for all, by preventing red tape from stifling the small businesses and entrepreneurs that are ready to move America forward
- Getting government to clear the way for every American, not just special interests
They also state that:
AFP’s network of organized and influential citizen leaders is working to change the nation one state at a time.
- AFP mobilizes citizens to effectively make their voices heard in public policy issue campaigns.
- AFP educates citizens about where their elected officials stand on the economic issues that matter to us.
- AFP is leading the way in creating the technology and economies of scale that can help citizen-leaders succeed.
- AFP leverages our comparative advantages with those of other groups by building coalitions of local, state, and national grassroots organizations fighting for a common cause.
AFP also encourages “ordinary citizens” to “fight back”:
America won her independence because ordinary citizens stood up to the governmental overreach of the British parliament and crown. Never let it be said that you didn’t do your part to preserve liberty and prosperity for future generations of Americans!