The ad has Dardenne beating the crud out of normal folks in a boxing ring, along with all the usual accusations…
Meanwhile, Dardenne racked up endorsements from pretty much the entire Acadiana legislative delegation yesterday along with a bunch of other folks…
Former Secretary of State Al Ater of Concordia Parish joined Baton Rouge area legislators today in endorsing Lieutenant Governor Jay Dardenne in his bid for re-election.
“I’m pleased to endorse Jay Dardenne for lieutenant governor. I’ve watched Jay for years as he has served the state of Louisiana with distinction,” Ater said. “We need public servants of his caliber to continue to move Louisiana forward.”
The Baton Rouge area legislators who also endorsed Lieutenant Governor Dardenne today are:
- Senator Joey Amedee
- Representative Regina Barrow
- Senator Sharon Weston Broome
- Representative Steve Carter
- Senator Dan Claitor
- Representative Franklin Foil
- Representative Hunter Greene
- Representative Dalton Honore’
- Representative Michael Jackson
- Representative Erich Ponti
- Representative Rogers Pope
- Representative Karen St. Germain
- Representative Bodi White
Earlier today, several prominent Lafayette area legislators endorsed Dardenne at a press conference at the Conventions and Visitors Center in Lafayette, La.
- Senator Mike Michot
- Senator-elect Page Cortez
- Representative Joel Robideaux
- Representative Rickey Hardy (not present)
- Representative Nancy Landry
- Representative-elect Stuart Bishop
Wednesday, Dardenne announced the support of 23 mayors from across the state of Louisiana. The bipartisan group represents Louisiana’s diverse racial, cultural and regional makeup. Earlier this week, he received the endorsement of the Jefferson Fire Fighters Association, Local 1374.
Dardenne has also received the endorsements of all seven Louisiana publications issuing them for the 2011 election cycle, as well as the Alliance for Good Government, the National Rifle Association, the Baton Rouge Area Chamber’s FuturePAC and several political and industry groups.