In a dangerous week in New Orleans, at least eight individuals were killed, while 22 others were wounded as violence across the city continues to go untouched as lawmakers moved forward with expanding gun free zones.
In a roundup report by NOLA.com, 8 murders are outlined below:
- A man was found lying dead in the street in the Uptown area.
- Near Gentilly Blvd, an 18 year-old man was found shot and killed on Labor Day.
- A 32 year-old man was shot to death in Central City on Sept. 5th.
- The body of a man was found on Sept. 6th floating in the Mississippi River near the Marigny neighborhood.
- A man was shot to death in the Little Woods, New Orleans East area on Sept. 7th.
- A 34 year-old man was killed during a double shooting on Sept. 7th.
- A man was found shot to death in the 7th Ward on Sept. 9th.
- A man was shot in the head and later died during a mass shooting in Central City.