Rat-L-Traps are quite possibly the most popular fishing lures in the history of North America. They produce in both fresh and salt water, and nearly every angler’s tackle box has at least a few in it.
Most anglers fish these lures tied directly to their main lines or leaders, but in Texas, some fishermen are having success, particularly with redfish, throwing ‘Traps under corks.
In order to see if the technique works on South Louisiana’s marshes, my son Joel and I put it to the test. Check out the video for all the details.
Rent our condo in Perdido, Fla.: https://bit.ly/3oCHNM5
Catch more fish and look cool doing it in official Habit Outdoors fishing apparel. Use coupon code marshman15 to save 15% off their already incredible prices! https://habitoutdoors.com
Want to shoot your own fishing videos? Here’s some gear/resources you might find useful:
- Get your music from SoundStripe (enter code MARSHMAN10 for 10% off): https://bit.ly/3t9M7kJ
- GoPro: https://amzn.to/2HKs1di
- GoPro 8: https://amzn.to/2ZlIlsh
- GoPro 9: https://amzn.to/3EA2A8r
- GoPro chest mount: https://amzn.to/2OthF1O
- Refuel 9-hour GoPro battery: https://amzn.to/374nnQr
- Sony a6000: https://amzn.to/2UJ6eIW
- Apple MacBook Pro: https://amzn.to/2UlVVKC
To keep up with all we’re doing, follow us on social media:
- Facebook: Marsh Man Masson
- Instagram: todd_masson
- Snapchat: tmassonfish
- Twitter: @tmassonFISH
Also, please solicit our sponsors: