We’ve given our readers fair warning on this, but now it’s upon us. We’re not gonna tell you again – you’ve got to get involved.
In Baton Rouge, the St. Jude Give thanks.Walk. starts tomorrow morning.
BREC’s Forest Community Park
13900 S. Harrell’s Ferry Road
- Parking is available at throughout the park as well as the church parking lot that is on the park grounds.
- Please enter at at either park entrance – there are two entrances off of S. Harrell’s Ferry Road.
- 7:30am– Walker Check-in and Registration opens
- 8:45am– Opening Ceremony begins
- 9:00am– Walk starts
- Upon arrival, please visit the check in table if you have ALREADY registered and hand in any additional donations you have collected, plus pick up your incentive prizes.
- Remind your friends and family that they can still register to participate Saturday morning! To register onsite, please visit the registration table.
- It’s predicted to be sunny, beautiful day with a high of 80 degrees on Saturday, so dress appropriately!
- Enjoy activities after the walk such as hula hoop contest, three legged race, facepainting, photo ops with Hugo the Honey Bee and more as well as food provided by Jambalaya Festival Association.
- Gather at the stage for our Opening Ceremony at 8:45am and get ready to walk!
- Stick around after the walk for our post-walk celebration as we hand out prizes for our top fundraisers and announce our grand fundraising total. You won’t want to miss it!
Many thanks to our sponsors, volunteers and supporters who are making this day possible — The UPS Store, Our Lady of the Lake Foundation, McDonald’s, Cajun Industries, Citizens Bank & Trust, Amedisys, Hannis T. Bourgeois, Womack Inc., Phelps Dunbar, Albemarle, Ritter Maher, Lamar Advertising, WBRZ and WYNK!
Like we’ve said, we’ve got a Hayride team for this thing and we invite you to join us. Feel free to sign up by clicking here, and pleas help us with a donation to St. Jude as well.
See you tomorrow, and get those Nikes ready!