The Committee to Incorporate the City of St. George will hold an important public meeting / town Hall on Thursday, December 12th from 6:30pm – 7:30pm at Woodlawn Baptist Church (5805 Jones Creek Rd.).
The Guest Speaker at the event will be Rev. C. L. Bryant. A Shreveport native, Bryant is an outspoken Baptist minister, radio host, television host, former president of the NAACP’s Garland, Texas Chapter and creator of the current hit documentary Runaway Slave. He will be speaking on several issues surrounding the effort to incorporate St. George.
Other speakers will include Sen. Mac ‘Bodi’ White, the author of the legislation creating an independent school district in Southeast Baton Rouge from which the St. George effort spawned, and Local Schools For Local Children head Norman Browning.
The purpose of this meeting is to:
- Update the public with our progress to date
- Inform the public of our plans for 2014.
- Address inaccuracies/misconceptions in the media.
- Answer current frequently asked questions.
- Allow the public to sign the St. George incorporation petition.
A map of the meeting’s location…