UPDATE: Here’s the video of Beck on his show this morning discussing the Al-Harbi case…
ORIGINAL: Via The Blaze, Glenn Beck was on the radio this morning more or less directly calling out the Obama administration for lying to the public and suggested there is a great deal more to the story of Abdulrahman Al-Harbi, the “Saudi National” detained in a Boston hospital last week after the Tsarnaev Brothers hit the finish line of the Boston Marathon than we’re getting.
Monday morning Glenn Beck laid out what he knows about the Saudi connection to the Boston marathon bombings. It is a story that the mainstream media has all but completely ignored, though Beck says TheBlaze’s Chief Content Officer Joel Cheatwood reached out to numerous other networks in an effort to get the story out. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano refused to acknowledge the story even existed when questioned by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) last Friday.
But now a number of congressional sources have confirmed that the story is as TheBlaze reported last week, and Beck is presenting more pieces of the big picture.
“This week has changed me,” he said at the top of his radio program on Monday. “The events in Boston changed me….The events in Washington around Boston changed me.”
We crossed an “extraordinarily disturbing threshold” last week, Beck said, but we know “exactly who we’re dealing with now.”
After a discussion of how Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who is currently under guard in the hospital, wasn’t read his Miranda rights, Beck proceeded to lay out a number of points on the case.
“While the media continues to look at what the causes were of these two guys, there are, at this hour, three people involved,” he said. “The first one is the one we are going to address.”
Beck proceeded to highlight the background of the Saudi national first identified as a “person of interest” in the Boston bombings, Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, noting that the the NTC issued an event file calling for his deportation using section 212, 3B which is proven terrorist activity.
“We are not sure who actually tagged him as a ’212 3B,’ but we know it is very difficult to charge someone with this — it has to be almost certain,” Beck explained. “It is the equivalent in civil society of charging someone with premeditated murder and seeking the death penalty — it is not thrown around lightly.”
Beck continued, noting that after Secretary of State John Kerry met with Saudi Foreign Minister Saud on Tuesday, the FBI began backtracking on the Saudi national from suspect, to person of interest, to witness, to victim, to nobody.
Then, on Wednesday, President Obama had a “chance” encounter with Saudi Foreign Minister Saud and Saudi Ambassador Adel al-Jubeir.
“Wednesday at 5:35 p.m. the file is altered,” Beck said. “This is unheard of, this is impossible in the timeline due to the severity of the charge….You don’t one day put a 212 3B charge against somebody with deportation, and then the next day take it off. It would require too much to do it.”
“There are only two people that could revoke the deportation order — the director of the NTC could do it after speaking with each department, the FBI, the ATC, etc. — which is impossible to do in such a short period of time, — or, somebody at the very highest levels of the State Department could do it. We don’t have any evidence to tell you which one did it,” Beck said.
Congressman Duncan is in possession of the original event file along with other members of the House Homeland Security Committee, and have sent a formal letter of request (which we have a copy of) to Napolitano for a classified briefing on the Saudi national and the deportation order.
What’s more, Al-Harbi’s student visa specifies that he’s in America to study in Findlay, Ohio. So what’s he doing in an apartment in Boston?
The fact he was on a terror watch list probably doesn’t offer too many reasons for confidence.
If this is a case of mistaken identity, then who is the person named in the file, with the same name, with the 3B charge? And If DHS was working with the person as a source to out the bombers, then why was there a 3B Charge?
Exclusive: Why wasn’t the Congressional Committee on Homeland Security notified? Why are they being cut out of all information? This is protocol.
We are working on the family connections, and there is more to come.
Sources tell us this will most likely now be kicked from the DHS to the DOJ and labeled an ongoing investigation that can no longer be discussed. This will be the reason Napolitano won’t answer the Homeland Security Committee’s request for a briefing. Like Benghazi they have heavy into a disinformation campaign floating a variety of scenarios to confuse the media — but that apparently doesn’t take much — to prevent the story from being pursued… They are also working very hard to discredit those on the scent.
What connection there is between Al-Harbi and the Tsarnaevs isn’t known. But Saudis and Chechens are hardly unknown to each other; in fact, it is Saudi money and Saudi proselytization of Wahhabi Islam in the Caucasus which has turned that region into a jihadist haven.
And we now know that Tamerlan Tasarnaev, whose rather out-in-the-open extremism has both the FBI and the Russian FSB scratching their heads and wondering how on earth they couldn’t have stopped him before he pulled off last Monday’s attack, spent the better part of six months in Dagestan last year. Upon his return, he uncorked such a strange rant objecting to people saying nice things about Martin Luther King because he wasn’t a Muslim that he got himself thrown out of the Islamic Society of Boston – which in itself is not a particularly Western-friendly mosque.
The ball was badly dropped here, and it now appears there may have been a terror cell with as many as a dozen – or more – people in it. Possibly including a pair of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s college buddies from Kazakhstan who have a license-plate holder which says “Terrorista #1” on a BMW. That’s who was arrested in New Bedford, Massachusetts on Friday – the two are being held on immigration violations.
Given all of this, one has to question whether ANYBODY on a terror watch list ought to be cut loose. And Beck is right to raise the alarm over Al-Harbi and the strange public behavior of the administration where he’s concerned.