Contrary To Maness’ Claims, Cassidy Has Been Vocal On Benghazi

Bill Cassidy 2After the conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch, obtained emails exposing the Obama administration’s prepping of Susan Rice when she went on multiple news stations and made claims that the four Americans who died in Benghazi, died because of a protest, Senate-hopeful Col. Rob Maness said Rep. Bill Cassidy (R-LA), also running for Senate, had been silent on the issue.

However, contrary to Maness’ claims that he is the only candidate in the highly-contested Louisiana Senate race who is demanding an investigation into the terrorist attack, Cassidy in fact co-sponsored legislation back in 2013 to investigate Benghazi via a select committee.

And, Cassidy wrote a letter back in October of 2012 demanding that then Secretary of State Hilary Clinton provide answers on what actually occurred at the time of the terrorist attack.

Yesterday, Maness said Cassidy and Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) were protecting the Washington establishment because they have not been vocal on the issue.

“Mary Landrieu and Bill Cassidy have been silent on this issue because the political class protects others in its group,” Maness said in a news release.  “I spent 32 years protecting the American people in the Air Force and will do the same in the Senate.”

As the Hayride reported, Judicial Watch released the damaging emails days ago, citing an email from then-White House Deputy Strategic Communications Adviser Ben Rhodes saying that he is going to prep Rice on what to say about the terrorist attack, mainly that it was “rooted in an Internet video, and not a failure of policy.”

The Rhodes email was sent on sent on Friday, September 14, 2012, at 8:09 p.m. with the subject line:  “RE: PREP CALL with Susan, Saturday at 4:00 pm ET.”  The documents show that the “prep” was for Amb. Rice’s Sunday news show appearances to discuss the Benghazi attack.

The document lists as a “Goal”: “To underscore that these protests are rooted in and Internet video, and not a broader failure or policy.”

Rhodes returns to the “Internet video” scenario later in the email, the first point in a section labeled “Top-lines”:

[W]e’ve made our views on this video crystal clear. The United States government had nothing to do with it. We reject its message and its contents. We find it disgusting and reprehensible. But there is absolutely no justification at all for responding to this movie with violence. And we are working to make sure that people around the globe hear that message.

Landrieu, thus far, has been silent on the Benghazi terrorist attack.

Interested in more national news? We've got you covered! See More National News
Previous Article
Next Article
Join the Conversation - Download the Speakeasy App.